- identifying what life skills are in already developing
- identifying what life skills need to develop
- identifying which of those skills is most important (and/or do-able)
- deciding how to support that skill (also known as structuring for success, or scaffolding until the skill is mostly learned; small steps, slow and steady!).
- determining if that skill is something the young adult will need to learn elsewhere
(See more on this on the next blog post!).
Essential Questions #2 - Letting Go - While Holding On (Parent Question)
Parents (and/or caregivers) can support transition to independence by
Parents and young adults can target the skills that are needed, and begin to practice that skill.