Holidays can be a great reminder about how to get "happy." Commercial interests have overtaken this holiday as a season of purchasing and sales. But we really know, in our heart of hearts, that happiness comes from other places.
The recent "Happy Movie" reminds us that some of the key ingredients to happiness include gratitude, compassion for others (doing!), playing, and doing new activities.
- enjoying the gift of loved ones around us
- welcoming the stranger lost in a new land
- sharing moments of peace with those who are sick or lonely
- caring for those who have less because of circumstance
- steeping in quiet moments of sheer gratitude
- learning something new and trying something challenging
- and more?
May you find happiness in the present, joy in small things, and peace in your heart.